Thursday, May 5, 2011

Final Blog/ Rank Projects Best to Worst


6 X 1 Final Blog /Rate Projects Most Fav 1 to Least Fav 6

Sadly, this is my last blog for my favorite class 6X1. It’s going to be really hard to rate my favorites from most favorite to least favorite because I truly thoroughly enjoyed every one of them. Some of them I thought I would not like but ended up loving.  I will list my favorite 1 to least favorite 6.

1) Cameraless Filmmaking: this is one of my favorites, but I must say at first I was a little apprehensive, because I was worried I wasn’t going to be able to come up with anything cool. It’s a really strange thing making something that you won’t know how it turned out until you actually play it through the projector after it’s completed. What I liked most was actually learning how to do some of the fimmaking techniques used by Stan Brakhage and the likes.

2) The Bolex Long Take: I really enjoyed this one too because we got to not only shoot 16mm on the Bolex, but also got to hand process the film, something I’ve always wanted to do. I was really pleased with the outcome of the shoot, especially the exposure on the hand-processed film. To actually see the image appear in front of your eyes was pretty awesome.

3) Rythmic Editing: The big reason I liked this one so much was because, I was having a hard time trying to come up with a concept. But once I got a few things shot and looked at the footage, my concept came to me immediately. I really enjoyed coming up with cool bits and pieces of my footage rhythmically to tell a story.

4) Recycled Footage/Flxer: I was excited to do this project from the beginning, because I really like Craig Baldwin’s films of Other Cinema. He takes old found footage and recontextualizes it into his own narrative, while calling attention to social problems. The fun part of this assignment was going through videos on YouTube trying to come up with my concept. There are so many options; it was a bit overwhelming trying to pick things that fit together to tell my own 1-minute story. I was happy with the way mine turned out.

5) 48- hour video race: This project was fun; the best part was waiting for the “Mystery Prop” to see what our film was going to be about. I was a little apprehensive about putting myself out there to my peers with the theme of my secret. Then I realized I could do something totally silly and ridiculous, in which I did. It seemed to get a good comedic response from the class, which made me happy!

6) Multi-Plane Animation: This project was really fun but I found it very challenging trying to come up with a concept. I tend to over think things sometimes and I think this project was a prime example of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment