Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Fort Party Screening Experience


My Fort Party Screening Experience

I was totally surprised by the Mystery Workshop Part 2 yesterday. I was really wondering what we were going to do. I figured we were going to eat and screen the films along with the 3D footage and long take, but for some reason I was thinking we were going to do it outside in the courtyard or something. I was super excited and surprised about us having to build a fort.  It immediately took me back the days of being a kid and making forts with blankets and chairs with my brother. Those were the good old days. So a little nostalgia was sparked which made it even cooler. The gear from the equipment room really helped out in setting up a cool foundation. That was an innovative design for sure.  I must say it was definitely the biggest and nicest fort I’ve ever been involved with. I mean come on it even had its own movie theater. You really can’t beat that!!!
Everyone came together as a team and quickly and efficiently constructed beautiful Arabian Desert Style Tent Palace. Then we got to eat and watch all of the films we all worked so hard on.

Everyone’s films were all very impressive. So many good secrets told in so many different ways through so many different mediums of filmmaking.  I think there are a lot of talented filmmakers in this class and although everyone is a little different I think we all really bring something special to the table. I must admit I was a little nervous about how the class would receive my film, because it was a little silly and risqué and I’m usually pretty reserved unless I know people pretty well.  I was worried that the stuff I thought was funny wasn’t going get laughs but instead the sound of crickets. I was pleasantly surprised by the reception; everyone apparently understood my humor because it got a good laugh.

I was very impressed with the entire classes tent building, snack bringing and filmmaking skills. It was truly a wonderful experience with people that I think very highly of.  I think this class is the way all classes should be hands on and everyone working together and putting themselves out there. This was definitely one of my favorite things we’ve done this semester, but to be honest I’ve really loved every aspect of this class so far, it truly has been a pleasure working with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment